We are seeking new committee members to continue the good work in protecting our environment in West Devon and beyond. Our current committee has 4 members and one associate member, but several of us are getting rather ancient and we have a concern that without new members then Mabrake may not be able to continue.
The commitment is not large, we meet every 8 weeks near Milton Abbot and we ask members to assist in any active campaigns and also bring possible new ones to our attention.
We have existed since 2008 and these are just some of the campaigns that we have undertaken and some that are still in progress:
- Successful opposition to the siting of large Wind Turbines above Milton Abbot and above Tinhay.
- Promoting an extension to the Tamar Valley AONB to cover an area up to Dartmoor – still in progress
- Reviewing and commenting on new planning applications – in particular Class Q and others in the open countryside.
- Raising concerns about the decommissioning of redundant Wind Farms – currently Cold Northcott Wind Farm outside Launceston where we have raised Freedom Of Information requests.
- Raising with Borough Councils unauthorized developments which have no Planning Permission
- Commenting on Government Policy on New Planning Proposals and Net Zero Plans – offering suggestions on how CO2 reductions can be made in an environmentally manner.
- Commenting on draft local and neighbourhood plans
If you have a concern about preserving the beautiful countryside and villages that we live in and a wider interest in environmental matters then please come and join us.
Make contact at firstname.lastname@example.org