Tredown 250 foot (77m) Wind Turbine
Many of you will have received a leaflet from a company called Murex saying they are proposing to seek permission to erect a 77m high Wind Turbine at a site just about 700m from Milton Abbot.
This Turbine would have a devastating effect on Milton Abbot and other surrounding villages.
- It will devalue your property (confirmed by an estate agent at our last meeting – no one wants to live next to a turbine)
- It will affect our tourist industry (B&B’s etc) Visitors come because of the outstanding beauty of this area.
- The many, many tonnes of concrete in the base for the turbine could have an impact on the water supplies
- There is already another application for a Turbine at Beckwell Farm, close to this Turbine – do we want Ramsdown above us to become a Wind Farm?
- More of them will follow!
- It’s the highest area between Dartmoor, Bodmin Moor and the Tamar Valley – it will be seen for miles and will be a terrible blot on the landscape.
What is all this for? Where is the benefit?
- It will help close the ‘energy gap’ and reduce CO2 emissions – it will have no significant effect. Because Wind Turbines are unreliable they have to be backed up by power stations
- They are going to be making a contribution to the community – this will be very a small part of the profits being made by the developer and the landowner. Which we are subsidising!!
A PUBLIC MEETING will be held to discuss this proposal at Milton Abbot Public Hall on MONDAY 17th February at 7pm
Respond to MUREX saying you strongly object to their proposal
(email address; email@example.com)
If you don’t respond they will say to WDBC that there are few objections.